Monday, November 26, 2012

Sammy Spartan Scares Me

Column
Jordan Spurling


Last year, the official Aurora University athletic logo was changed from Sammy Spartan and the letters “AU”, to just simply “AU Spartans”.  Some of you have noticed this and some of you haven’t.  The reason however, is probably not very well known.  It wasn’t done because the athletic department just wanted a change.  It was done to accommodate our politically correct society.  University Administration claimed that the original logo was too “barbaric” and “violent.”  Excuse me, and I may be wrong, but I thought the whole idea behind athletic intimidation was to seem like a dominant opponent?  Since when did we fear that our logo might suddenly jump to life and climb out of the computer screen and murder an innocent by stander? But honestly, I shouldn’t be over reacting about this, because I have heard rumors that next year we are changing our colors to pink and baby blue and changing our mascot to the Aurora University Fluffy Cupcake Princesses.  On the bright side, I can say that I am pretty sure that no one will go to sleep tonight in terror hoping that Sammy the Spartan isn’t lurking underneath their bed.  Don’t worry liberals, we changed the mascot for you.
 One of these are terrifying....

No comments:

Post a Comment